- Great location in the trendy Friedrichshain neighborhood
- Stylish, modern rooms with duvets, large windows, and flat-screen TVs
- Unique room choices to accommodate different groups and tastes
- Big breakfast buffet served for a reasonable price
- Free Wi-Fi
- Street-facing rooms can be noisy
- Breakfast not included in the rate
The Michelberger Hotel is a trendy, budget-friendly option set in a former warehouse in the Friedrichshain neighborhood. Most of the 119 rooms have spare, modern decor; the exception is the Gold Room, which is decked out in an opulent, romantic style. Some of the rooms have exposed cement, big windows, and open showers, while others have bunk beds and can accommodate larger groups. Higher-end rooms such as the Chalet and Gold Rooms come with better amenities and artistic decor. A big breakfast buffet (for a fee) is served daily, and food and drinks can be ordered from the outdoor terrace. Highlights at this quirky hotel include a stylish lobby full of books and magazines and a bar with live DJs. The local neighborhood is full of more restaurants, bars, and nightlife.
We investigate in person.
Like your mother-in-law.
Oyster Hotel PhotosView All 8 Albums
A trendy neighborhood with restaurants and boutiques adjacent to Mitte
The Michelberger Hotel is located in Friedrichshain - an up-and-coming, trendy part of town with an industrial background. For leisure travelers, the East Side Gallery is the nearest attraction, and there are several local restaurants, bars, cafes, and interesting boutiques within walking distance. For access to the rest of the city, the Warschuaer Station (U and S Bahn) is across the street, and it takes less than a half an hour to get to most major attractions.
Berlin is the capital and largest city in Germany, best known for its lively nightlife (restaurants and bars stay open late), cafes, museums, palaces, street art and numerous historic sights.
- 24-minute drive to Berlin Tegel Airport
- 25-minute drive to Berlin Schonefeld Airport
- 4-minute drive or 10-minute walk to East Side Gallery
- 9-minute drive to Gendarmenmarkt
- 10-minute drive to Brandenburg Gate
- 10-minute drive to Potsdamer Platz
- 10-minute drive to Topography of Terror
- 10-minute drive to Holocaust Memorial
- 10-minute drive to Checkpoint Charlie
- 11-minute drive to Berlin Wall Memorial
- 11-minute drive to Pergamon Museum
- 11-minute drive to Berlin Philharmonic
- 12-minute to Reichstag (German Parliament)
- 17-minute drive to Gedachtniskirche (Memorial Church)
Automated Guided Vehicle Systems: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference "Technology for Tomorrow", 13-14 June 1989, Intercontinental Hotel, Berlin
You might also like: