- Elegant, classic hotel centrally located near the Brandenburg Gate
- Modern touches include free Wi-Fi and bedside control panel
- Marble bathrooms with soaking tubs and heated floors
- Indoor swimming pool
- Modern fitness center
- Adlon Day Spa offers full range of treatments
- Restaurant is extremely pricey
- Some complaints that the surrounding area isn't lively at night
- Fee for Wi-Fi
The Hotel Adlon Kempinski is an elegant, classic hotel with a rich history. Its predecessor was one of the most popular hotels in Europe through World War II, hosting guests such as Charlie Chaplin and Josephine Baker. The original building was demolished, but after the fall of the Berlin Wall, a building inspired by the original was built on the same location near the Brandenburg Gate. This 382-room hotel still attracts A-list clientele - this is where Michael Jackson dangled his baby son from a balcony in 2002. Luxurious rooms have heavy drapes, four-poster canopy beds, plush couches, and fresh cut roses. Marble bathrooms offer soaking tubs and heated floors. These inviting rooms, combined with the hotel's impressive amenities - an indoor pool, full spa, fitness center, and variety of restaurants - make this one of the best picks in Berlin.
We investigate in person.
Like your mother-in-law.
Steps from the Brandenburg Gate
The location of the Hotel Adlon Kempinski is ideal for visitors - right in the center of town and next to the Brandenburg Gate. It's within walking distance to popular sights such as the Holocaust Museum and Unter den Linden Boulevard, Berlin's historic tree-lined street. With direct connections to the railway, underground, tram, and city bus readily available, access to the entire city is a breeze. There are several good restaurants in the area and both the Reichstag and the Tiergarten are a short walk away.
Berlin is the capital and largest city in Germany best known for its lively nightlife (restaurants and bars stay open late), cafes, museums, palaces, street art, and numerous historic sights.
- 16-minute drive to Berlin Tegel Airport
- 23-minute drive to Berlin Schonefeld Airport
- Steps away from the Brandenburg Gate
- 4-minute walk to Holocaust Memorial
- 8-minute walk to Reichstag (German Parliament)
- 4-minute drive or 12-minute walk to Gendarmenmarkt
- 4-minute drive or 16-minute walk to Potsdamer Platz
- 4-minute drive or 18-minute walk to Pergamon Museum
- 5-minute drive to Checkpoint Charlie
- 5-minute drive to Topography of Terror
- 5-minute drive to Berlin Philharmonic
- 7-minute drive to Berlin Wall Memorial
- 10-minute drive to Gedachtniskirche (Memorial Church)
- 12-minute drive to East Side Gallery
You might also like: